WinPwn 22.214.171.124 has just been released. If you were facing crashing issues with iPwner or 16xx errors then you you might want to check out the latest version as cnw, the iPhone Hacker credited for porting iPhone Dev Team’s Pwnage Tool 2.0 (Mac only) to Windows claims that they have been fixed.
You can find all the details of WinPwn 126.96.36.199 after the jump.
The initial release was affected by an issue that caused the iPwner component to crash. It appears that the issue has been resolved in the latest version.
WinPwn 188.8.131.52 has also resolved the 16xx errors that iPhone Hacks reader, hms90832, had encountered.
Here are the instructions provided with the latest release:
- You must do a full uninstall of winpwn before installing the new version.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (Currently 7.7).
- WinPwn uses 300MB of ram at peak due to the ipsw being extracted in memory.
- You must first click browse and load an IPSW to use WinPwn.
- For 2.0 only the *5A347_Restore.ipsw files are valid. The 345 image will not work.
- If you see “Failed to load image catalog/payload catalog”, ignore it.
- If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix.
It also fixes the following issues:
- Cydia/XP/Writing root FS bug.
- Failed to remove ipsw directory after a ipswBuild failure.
- iPwner now only accepts custom ipsws.
- Remove 345 ipsw support. WinPwn only supports 347 2.0 ipsw’s.
- Various other fixes.
Cnw is also planning to release the following features in the next release:
- Parition resizer
- Auto updater
- DFU Helper function/Wizard mode
As always do remember, hacking your iPhone is at your own risk and don’t forget its always a good idea to backup your iPhone.
You can download WinPwn 184.108.40.206 from WinPwn’s blog to ensure you download the latest version.
If you still run into problems with the latest version then you can checkout this guide step-by-step guide to pwn the first generation iPhone running iPhone firmware 2.0 using Windows.
Please do let us know how it goes in the comments.
Update (Aug 9th, 2008):
Update (Aug 29, 2008):
Top iPhone Hacks Categories: