Some very exciting iPhone news!!! Apple has issued invitations for a special event on March 17.
The event is scheduled to take place at the Town Hall auditorium on the Apple's campus in Cupertino, CA at 10:00 am local time.
we're not expecting anything ready to go as of the 17th, but hopefully
this will allow developers to start building toward future
functionality (hey, how about some push notifications?), and presumably
users won't have too many months to wait after that for the real deal.
You can checkout the photo of the invitation below:
Apple had called a similar event in March 2008 where Apple had announced the
details of the much awaited iPhone's Software Development Kit.
BGR is claiming that as per their sources, iPhone Firmware 3.0 is expected to have the following features:
- Tethering via Bluetooth and USB
We are extremely excited and here are some of the features on our wishlist:
- Copy and Paste (hClipboard and Clippy are worthy solutions available for the jailbroken iPhone).
- Ability to run iPhone apps in the background.
- Better way to manage and launch iPhone apps.
- Ability to try a demo version of an iPhone app before buying it on the App Store.
What's on your wishlist? Please let us know in the comments area.
Thanks to Stephane from iPhoneFreak for the tip.