Daring Fireball's John Gruber has provided some details of Apple's new iPhone based on "information from informed sources".
According to him, Apple's next generation iPhone will have a faster processor, more RAM, more storage capacity, better camera with auto-focus which will also be able to record videos.
He is someone who has a good track record with Apple predictions so you should definitely check out the details after the break.
According to John Gruber, we can expect the following features in Apple's new iPhone:
- Apple's new iPhone processor will be running at 600 MHz which will be 1.5 times as fast as the current iPhone models which run at 400 MHz.
- It will have 256MB RAM up from 128MB RAM in current iPhone models.
- Price of Apple's new iPhone will remain the same i.e. $199 and $299.
- Storage capacity will be doubled, so Apple's new iPhone model will come with 16GB or 32GB storage capacity.
- There will be no changes in design. In fact the changes will be so subtle that the current cases will fit new iPhone models.
- Apple will continue to offer iPhones in only two colors: black and white.
- It will include a magnetometer (digital compass).
- An improved camera which will be able to record videos. It will also be take better photos, thanks to an auto-focus lens.
Gruber points out that the faster processor and more RAM will significantly improve performance.
Gruber's list of features matches with rumors we have already heard so far. It is widely speculated that Apple will announce their next generation iPhone at Worldwide Developer Conference starting early next month.
I can't wait to get my hands on Apple's 3rd generation iPhone. How about you folks? Please let us know in the comments section below.
[via Daring Fireball]Like this post? Share it!