They are calling their latest method to unlock iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 UltraSn0w. iPhone Dev team will be releasing UltraSn0w on Friday.
MuscleNerd who gave the demo of the new software method to unlock iPhone OS 3.0 provided the following details:
- Apple has apparently closed the injection vector that iPhone dev team had used in YellowSn0w. YellowSn0w was the first software method to unlock iPhone 3G.
- The latest version of their software unlock solution is called UltraSn0w.
- They have managed the latest method to unlock iPhone 3G running OS 3.0 thanks to a new hole that was found by some clever guy named Orinav.
- The Dev team claim that UltraSn0w will unlock any iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 3.0 regardless of baseband, bootloader etc. This is great news as yellowsn0w worked with only baseband 02.28.00 which came bundled with iPhone OS 2.2.
- Dev Team will be releasing UltraSn0w on Friday.
- They plan to release the latest version of QuickPwn and PwnageTool as soon Apple releases iPhone OS 3.0 which was just released. We will let you know as soon as it is available.
- Dev Team will confirm if UltraSnOw will work with iPhone 3G S as soon as they can get their hands on the new iPhone.
You can checkout the demo video below:
So if you are only concerned about jailbreaking your iPhone then please be patient as Dev team is expected to release their latest tools later today.
If you want to unlock your iPhone then we would recommend you to wait until Friday when the Dev Team will release UltraSn0w.
Please note that we are just messengers of the good news so don't forget to visit Dev Team's blog to thank them for all their efforts and staying ahead of the cat and mouse game.
Update 1 (June 17, 8:25 pm PDT):
Dev Team is yet to release updated versions of their tools to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0. So looks like they are doing some last minute testing. Please be patient, we will let you know as soon as they are available.
Update 2 (June 18):
We have just published an article which provides the reason for the delay in releasing the jailbreaking tools. You can following this link for the Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0 Status report.
Please feel free to drop us a line in the comment section below in case you need any clarifications.