Apple has sent developers of its iPhone Developer program an email inviting them to submit iPad applications to the App Store by March 27.
iPad is currently available for pre-orders in the US and will be available from April 3. Apple is giving developers an opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App store.
Apple has sent the following email to its developers:
iPad will begin shipping soon and your opportunity to be part of the grand opening of the iPad App Store starts today. Submit your iPad app now for an initial review by the App Review Team and receive feedback on its readiness for the grand opening.
Submit Your App by March 27.
– Build and test your iPad app using iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 available on the iPhone Dev Center. Only iPad apps built with iPhone SDK 3.2 beta 5 will be accepted for this initial review.
– Upload your distribution signed app through iTunes Connect by Saturday, March 27, 5pm PDT.
– The App Review Team will review your app on iPad and email you details about the readiness of your app.
– You will also receive additional information about submitting your app for final review before iPad ships.
– Only apps submitted for the initial review will be considered for the grand opening of the iPad App Store.
9to5Mac has posted screenshot of the revised iTunes Connect interface, which indicates that developers will have separate areas to uploading screenshots for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad to be displayed on the App Store.