Every once in a while we come across a new smartphone that can truly take on the iPhone in performance. Sprint has just removed the wraps on what could be a truly potent Android handset – the HTC EVO 4G.
Unveiled at the CTIA 2010 event earlier this week, HTC EVO 4G integrates a high performance hardware with Sprint's 4G network and WiMAX radio.
Here are some specs that we know:
- 4.3-inch, 800×480 TFT touchscreen (iPhone is 3.5 inch 320×480)
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Dual 3G/4G WiMAX connectivity
- MicroSD card slot (up to 32GB), USB
- Forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera
- Rear-facing 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and 720p HD video recording
- HDMI output
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality (for Wifi iPad +MacBooks?)
- Custom web browser with Flash support
- A kickstand
While no details regarding the price was revealed, Sprint has indicated that the device will launch in the summer of this year.
There is no doubt that HTC EVO 4G offers a better hardware compared to the current iPhone 3GS model. However, it needs to be noted that Apple shall also be launching its next generation iPhone around the same time. With iPhone 4G likely to include several new hardware features in addition to an upgraded iPhone OS 4.0 platform, we hope iPhone 4G would win over HTC EVO when the two devices launch later this year.
What do you think?
[via Engadget]Like this post? Share it!