iOS 4.1 includes fix for the proximity sensor, Bluetooth and iPhone 3G performance problems and some major features such asHDR photos, HD video upload, ability to buy TV show rentals andGame Center, Apple’s social gaming network.
According to the release notes, iOS 4.1 includes the following improvements:
• Game Center
– Send and receive friend requests
– Invite friends to multi-player games over the Internet
– Play multi-player games by auto-matching with other
– View Leaderboards and Achievements
– Discover new games from friends
• High dynamic range (HDR) photos on iPhone 4
• Support for TV show rentals on iTunes
• Ability to upload HD videos to YouTube and MobileMe
over Wi-Fi on iPhone 4
• Additional support for AVRCP-supported accessories,
including next & previous track control
• FaceTime calling directly from Favorites
• Bug fixes, including:
– iPhone 4 proximity sensor performance
– iPhone 3G performance
– Nike+iPod fixes
– Bluetooth improvements
iOS 4.1 software update is compatible with the following devices:
If you have jailbroken and/or unlocked your iPhone then it would be prudent to wait for iPhone Dev Team to release tools to jailbreak and unlock iOS 4.1 before upgrading to it. They have just issued another warning to jailbreakers and unlockers to avoid upgrading to iOS 4.1.
But if you don’t care about jailbreaking or unlocking your iPhone then connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to your computer and click on the "Check for Update" button from the device summary page in iTunes to download the iOS 4.1 software update.
As always, please don't forget to tell us how it goes and if it fixes the issues that you might be facing.