Apple has just released Mac OS X 10.6.5 via Software Update.
The fifth maintenance update for Snow Leopard includes number of bug fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
Many users are reporting that the AirPrint feature to print via shared printers on Macs and PCs using iOS 4.2 GM is not working, just as we had reported earlier.
According to the release notes, Mac OS X 10.6.5 includes the following fixes:
– improve reliability with Microsoft Exchange servers
– address performance of some image-processing operations in iPhoto and Aperture
– address stability and performance of graphics applications and games
– resolve a delay between print jobs
– address a printing issue for some HP printers connected to an AirPort Extreme
– resolve an issue when dragging contacts from Address Book to iCal
– address an issue where dragging an item from a stack causes the Dock to not automatically hide
– resolve an issue with Wikipedia information not displaying correctly in Dictionary
– improve performance of MainStage on certain Mac systems
– resolve spacing issues with OpenType fonts
– improve reliability with some Bluetooth braille displays
– resolve a VoiceOver issue when browsing some web sites with Safari 5
To avoid any confusion, please note that iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users will be able to print documents wirelessly to compatible printers (developers have also confirmed that it works on iDevices running iOS 4.2 Golden Master). But based on initial reports it looks like Apple has decided to remove the AirPrint feature to print via shared printers on Macs.
As always, please let us know how it goes.