Back in April, Cablevision – the 8th largest cable company in the US with more than 3 million subscribers in New York alone, had released Optimum app for iPad, which allows their customers to watch approximately 300 live channels and video on demand (VOD) on their iPad, transforming the iPad into their personal TV.
Cablevision has finally released a new iPhone app, which also turns the iPhone or iPod touch into an additional TV, albeit with a smaller screen and also released a new version of the iPad app. With Optimum 2.0, you can also use your iOS device as a remote control for your iO digital cable boxes.
John Trierweiler, Cablevision’s executive Vice President of product management had this to say:
“We are also pleased to maximize the value of our Optimum App as a navigation and programming discovery tool by incorporating controls for home TVs as well. The introduction of this remote control functionality will make it even easier for our customers to locate and view all of the content they already receive as part of their television subscription, whether they want to watch on conventional TVs or these Apple devices.”
Here’s what’s new in Optimum 2.0:
- Watch live TV within your home
- Playback any iO TV On Demand asset on your device
- Ability to schedule and manage DVR Plus recordings
- Your favorite channels (“Favorites”) now automatically appear in the Optimum App on all of your devices
- Parental controls automatically get re-applied when the Optimum App is re-installed – no need to re-enter your parental controls
- Use your device as a remote control and control your iO digital cable boxes
You can checkout the screenshots of the new iPhone app below:
If you’re Cablevision customer then you can download the iPhone app from the App Store using this iTunes link or Optimum for iPad using this iTunes link and use it for free or update it via the App Store on your iPad if you’ve already installed it.
Please don’t forget to drop us a line to tell us what you think about the iPhone app and the new remote control feature.Like this post? Share it!