It looks like Skype has fixed the security vulnerability in the major update it rolled out yesterday.
Skype has just released a new update to fix the syncing issues that plagued yesterday’s update, in which we also noticed that Skype has also fixed the security vulnerability that was reported by AppSec Consulting security researcher Phil Purviance.
The latest version of Skype iOS apps includes the following new features and improvements:
- Bluetooth support for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4th Generation, and iPad 2
- Incoming emoticons; outgoing emoticons displayed when entered in text form
- Enhanced video through image stabilization
- New easy-to-use interface
- Advertising will be shown to users that do not have Skype Credit, a calling subscription or premium subscription
- Bugfix for security vulnerability
- Bugfix for syncing issues
We can confirm the syncing issues are now fixed. However, after updating the app, it kept crashing and we had to reboot the iPhone to resolve the issue.