After several months of rumors and speculations and more than one and a half years after Apple introduced its hugely successful tablet, Facebook has released its eagerly anticipated iPad app.
Facebook app is now available as a universal app in the App Store.
Here’re some of the features of the iPad app:
- Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos take on new life on the iPad. They’re big, high-res and easy to flip through—like a real photo album.
- Focus on what matters: With less on the screen, it’s easier to zoom in on your friends’ photos, updates and stories.
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to get from one screen to another and back again in no time.
- Never lose your place: Use simplified navigation to send a message, see your notifications or browse your bookmarks without switching screens.
- Play games on the go: Play your favorite Facebook games wherever you are, and on a bigger screen.
- Tap to send messages: A simple dropdown menu makes it easy to scan and send messages without visiting your inbox.
Facebook has also made the following improvements to the iPhone app:
With improved search and browsing, the facebook.com features you use most are now just a touch away. It’s a faster, fuller Facebook for iPhone.
- Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
- Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, and swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed
- Bookmarks: Your groups, pages and apps are all in your left-hand menu, and the ones you use most are right on top
- Search: Search for anything on Facebook—people, apps, pages and more—without having to click around or switch views
- Security: We’ve added a few updates to make the app more secure
It looks like some users who already had installed the Facebook app installed on their iPad are reporting that the app keeps crashing. If you’re facing the problem, try to delete the app and reinstall it. It seems to resolve the issue.
You can download the latest version of the Facebook app using this App Store link.
Let us know what you think about the iPad app and the improvements made to the iPhone app in the comments. Thanks everyone for the heads up!