Regardless of which iOS device you own, here are some tips that could help in improving your iOS device’s battery life.
With all of the amazing features iOS 5 has to offer, it’s no surprise that your battery is taking some hit. This is especially true because of iCloud‘s syncing feature. However, if you’re not using everything all the time, disabling what you don’t need will help spare you plugging in iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch constantly.
- Disable Bluetooth (Settings > General > Bluetooth > “Off”)
- Turn off specific or all app Notifications in the Notification Center (Settings > Notifications > “Off” for any unneeded apps)
- Disable Ping (Settings > General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Ping > “Off”)
- Disable Time Zone Adjustment (Settings > Location Services > System Services > Set Time Zone to “Off”)
- Disable iCloud (Settings > General > iCloud > “Off” for any unneeded features)
- Disable Location Services (Settings > Location Services> “Off” for any unneeded features)
- Disable Diagnostic and Usage Reports (Settings > General > About > Diagnostic & Usage > “Don’t Send”)
- Reset Network Settings (Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings) Note: This will reset all network settings, including passwords, VPN, and APN settings.
- Users are reporting that removing your email accounts and re-adding them also seems to have helped some users:
- Delete email accounts (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Account Name > Delete Account)
- Reset Network Settings (Settings > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
- Reboot Device
- Re-add email accounts (Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account)
Many users are reporting about half their previous run time, even when on standby, and many iPhone users are saying their phones are getting quite warm. Some iPhone users are blaming iCloud and have disabled it completely. Still others are blaming the Location-based Time Zone Adjustment.
How’s your battery life doing after upgrading to iOS 5? Have you done anything else to improve it?
[via OSXDaily]Like this post? Share it!