RunKeeper – the must-have fitness app that makes it easy to track, measure and improve your fitness has just received a major upgrade.
The latest version of RunKeeper gets new features such as auto pause and heart rate zones. It also improves overall tracking performance and stability.
Here’s the list of changes in the updated app according to the what’s new section:
- Auto Pause:
No more stopping and starting RunKeeper every time you hit a traffic light or stop to tie your shoe! Just turn on Auto Pause and RunKeeper will automatically pause tracking when you stop moving. Start moving again, and tracking automatically resumes. So you no longer need to go through the hassle of unlocking the iPhone and pausing it when needed.
- Heart Rate Zone:
The app now includes heart rate zone visuals and turn on audio cues to monitor your heart rate during your workout and make sure you’re always in the correct training zone.
- iOS 5 compatible.
- Improvements to GPS filtering to help accuracy.
- Fix pause / resume errors with training workouts.
- Improvements to current and average pace stability (better filtering).
- Audio speed improvements.
- Several bug fixes (including some for iOS 3.x compatibility)
- Speed and app size improvements.
The best thing is – it’s free. You can download it using this App Store link.
As always, let us know what you think of the updated RunKeeper app in the comments.
[via RunKeeper blog]