Apple has just released iOS 5.0.1 (build number 9A405).
According to release notes iOS 5.0.1 includes the following the bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixes bugs affecting battery life
- Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
- Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
- Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
- Contains security improvements
iOS 5.0.1 also fixes the iPad 2 smart cover security flaw that was discovered in iOS 5. As we had reported a short while back, initial reports by developers who tested iOS 5.0.1 also indicate that iOS 5.0.1 has fixed the battery life issues.
It is currently not available via OTA update feature that was introduced in iOS 5.
Here are the iOS 5.0.1 direct download links.
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 AT&T and iPad 2 Verizon
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
MuscleNerd of the iPhone dev team has warned jailbreakers and unlockers to avoid upgrading to iOS 5.0.1. He just tweeted:
Jailbreakers and unlockers should avoid today’s 5.0.1 until a flow for downgrading to 5.0 is developed.
It looks like iOS 5.0.1 is now available via OTA as well.
As always, let us know how it goes.Like this post? Share it!