We first heard about iControlPad – an accessory that adds physical buttons to the iPhone in May 2008.
Finally, after number of iterations and delays, folks behind iControlPad have started shipping iControlPad.
According to iControlPad’s product page, it includes the following features:
- The worlds smallest, lightest and fully functional bluetooth gaming controller
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S2 and many, many more
- iCade emulation for over 30 compatible App Store games (no jailbreak required!)
- Dual analogue nubs, digital D-Pad, 6 face buttons and 2 rear buttons
- Bluetooth connection with HID keyboard, joystick and gamepad modes
- Universal Metal Clamp, for attaching it securely to almost any phone
- Dual analogue on your iPhone without jailbreaking!
- Internal 1360mAh rechargable battery, with support for charging your phone via USB
- Upgradable firmware, new features can be added and restrictions bypassed
You can checkout the demo video of the iPhone accessory in action below:
You can also checkout the demo video of iControlPad being used as a remote game controller for iPad:
The only problem with such accessories is that you need to remember to carry it along with your iOS device and at $75 iControlPad is quite expensive.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments.