As you probably know, hackers have managed to successfully port Siri – Apple’s revolutionary voice activated personal assistant feature that is exclusively available on iPhone 4S, to other non-iPhone 4S devices such as iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and iPod touch.
However, so far the hackers have said that it won’t be possible to release the Siri port publicly without pirating some of the iPhone 4S system files.
But hacker Eric Day has just done the unthinkable. He has released a jailbreak tweak called Siri0us, which magically brings Siri’s Dictation feature to iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and 4th generation iPod touch. Day has got the hack to work by relying on Nuance speech recognition system on the device rather than communicating with Apple’s servers and the result is just like using Siri on iPhone 4S.
You can checkout the video below of Siri working on iPhone 4 after installing the Siri0us jailbreak tweak:
You can install Siri0us using these simple steps (and as the developer has warned proceed at your own risk):
- Launch Cydia (Please note you need iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 for this to work)
- Tap on the Manage tab
- Then Tap on Sources
- Tap on the Edit button and then on the Add button
- Enter the following URL to add the Siri0us source: http://apt.if0rce.com
- After the sources has been successfully downloaded, tap on the Return to Cydia button.
- Then tap on the Search tab and search for Siri0us
- Select Siri0us from the search results
- Tap on the Install button
- And then on the Confirm button to successfully install it.
That’s it, you should now be able to use Siri’s Dictation feature on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPad by tapping on the small microphone button next to the space bar.
Day has the following advice if your iOS device keeps respringing.
DONOT restore! Use iFunBox/iPhone Explorer/SSH to remove /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AssistantServices.framework from your device.
Kudos to Eric Day! It is just amazing what the hackers can do.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.
Developer and hacker Eric Day has removed Siri0us from Cydia, you can read all the details here.
[via iF0rce]Like this post? Share it!