iH8sn0w has also released Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 11 to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that was just released by Apple.
Sn0wbreeze is considered the unofficial PwnageTool for Windows. It allows users to create custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware file that is pre-jailbroken, which can be used to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 5.0.1.
In case of iPhone, it also preserves the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.
According to the release notes, Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 11 includes the following features:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1 (9A405)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues (as of 2.8b9).
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
- users running the iPad baseband (as of 2.8b9).
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is
- extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
iPhone 4 (GSM)
iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 11 supports an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and a tethered jailbreak for the remaining iOS 5 devices mentioned above, which means that you need to connect your iOS device to the computer on every reboot. It cannot jailbreak iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
Dev team strongly recommends jailbreakers and unlockers to avoid upgrading to iOS 5.0.1 until they figure out the process to downgrade to iOS 5.
But if you can’t wait then you can download Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 11 for Windows using this link.