Dev team has also released a new version of Redsn0w – Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 beta.
Sn0wbreeze is considered the unofficial PwnageTool for Windows. It allows users to create custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware file that is pre-jailbroken, which can be used to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 5.0.1 beta. In case of iPhone, it also preserves the baseband from getting upgraded so that it can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.
According to the release notes, Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 9 includes the following features:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1-b1 (9A402)Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues.
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS
- Users running the iPad baseband.
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Removes UDID requirement/Beta timer in 5.0.1.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is
- extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 9 supports the following iOS 5.0.1 devices:
iPhone 4 (GSM)
iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 9 supports an untethered jailbreak for iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and a tethered jailbreak for the remaining iOS 5 devices mentioned above, which means that you need to connect your iOS device to the computer on every reboot. It cannot jailbreak iPad 2 or iPhone 4S.
You can download Sn0wbreeze 2.8 beta 9 for Windows using this link.
As always, let us know how it goes.
[via Twitter (iH8sn0w)]Like this post? Share it!