How to Set a Video Wallpaper on Your iPhone Using vWallpaper 2 For iOS 5
The goods news is that developer who goes by the handle skrew has just released vWallpaper 2 for iOS 5.
vWallpaper 2 will allow users to replace the static wallpaper with videos, cool effects like particles, 3D objects, HTML widgets and lots more.
vWallpaper 2 is currently in beta but seems to work quite well with the untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak.
You can checkout the video below to get a glimpse of what one can do with this new jailbreak app:
You can install vWallpaper 2 for free on your jailbroken iOS device using the following steps:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on Manage
- Then tap on Sources
- Tap on the Edit button at the top right corner and then tap the Add button
- Enter the following URL – http://deb.danstaface.net and tap on Add Source
- After skrew’s source has been successfully added it, tap on Return to Cydia button
- Tap on the Search tab and search for vWallpaper 2
- Tap on vWallpaper 2 for iOS 5/ARMV7 from the search results and tap on Install and then Confirm buttons to install it
- After it is successfully installed, it will automatically restart the Springboard
- You should now be able to find the vWallpaper2 icon on your iPhone’s home screen
- Tap on it to launch vWallpaper 2
- Tap on ‘Manage current theme’
- Then tap on the Video toggle where you will get an option to download video from various repositories or select from the default videos: Wave.mp4 or electriblue.mp4
- You also have the option to add cool effects like particles, magic fingers (seen in the video above), 3D objects, HTML widgets to the video wallpaper on that settings screen
- That’s it, now tap on the Home button. It will automatically respring your Springboard and you should be able the see the video wallpaper in all it’s glory
vWallpaper 2 also allows you to set a video wallpaper for your lock screen.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.
[via skrew’s blog]