If you hit a 1604, 1603, 1602, 1601, 1600 error while trying to restore your iPhone with a custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware file created using Redsn0w then there is now a way to bypass the error.
iREB is a tool that will put your iOS device into a pwned state so that you can upload custom firmware to it.
In addition to the iOS 5.0.1 support, iREB r5 includes a number of fixes and improvements:
- Much smaller file size (390kb).
- Fixed USB 3.0 issues.
- iREB’s speed for the iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 1G has
- increased significantly!
- Fixed rare DFU detection issues.
- Updated limera1n/steaks4uce payload to not hook “cmd_go”
- on 4.x images (nothing severe, but useless here).
iREB is currently available for only Windows. You can download iREB r5 using this link.
We haven’t tried it out yet, but if you’re looking for a step-by-step guide, you can checkout this link to get an idea on how to use it.
As always, please let us know how it goes in the comments.