iH8sn0w – developer of Sn0wbreeze – another popular jailbreaking tool has just released Sn0wbreeze 2.9, which now incorporates pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Sn0wbreeze is considered the unofficial PwnageTool for Windows. It allows users to create custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware file that is pre-jailbroken, which can be used to upgrade their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to iOS 5.0.1.
Until now, Sn0wbreeze only supported a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. To celebrate the second anniversary of Sn0wbreeze, iH8sn0w has also included a number of features and improvements in Sn0wbreeze 2.9 such as:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9 supports the following iOS software updates:
- iOS 3.1.3
- iOS 3.2.x
- iOS 4.0.x
- iOS 4.1
- iOS 4.2.1 – 4.2.8
- iOS 4.3 – 4.3.3
- iOS 5.0.1
iH8sn0w plans to add support for iOS 4.3.4/4.3.5/4.4.x/5.0 shortly.
Just like Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze 2.9 will support the following iOS 5.0.1 devices:
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 4G, iPod touch 3G
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
You can download the latest version of Sn0wbreeze using this link. Please note that Sn0wbreeze is currently available only for Windows users.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.
[via iH8sn0w's blog]