Chronic Dev team released a new jailbreak tool called Absinthe to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 yesterday.
If you hit any problems while or after jailbreaking your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 using Absinthe then checkout our troubleshooting tips, which should help in resolving them. It includes a fix for the annoying issue where Absinthe does not recognise the iOS device, which results in the Jailbreak button being greyed out.
Here are some of the tips that have helped a number of readers:
2. In case you haven’t used our step-by-step guide then check them out to ensure you’ve following the correct procedure:
3. Ensure you’ve updated iTunes to the latest version (iTunes 10.5.3).
4. Fix for grey Jailbreak button:
A number of readers have reported that their iPhone 4S/iPad 2 isn’t recognised after launching Absinthe and the Jailbreak button stays grey. Reader R Wass has a tip to fix this issue. He writes:
If you are having the problem where you cannot click jailbreak on absinthe with your device plugged in, start your mac in safe mode. You do this by turning it off and starting it back up while holding the shift key, then launch absinthe after it starts in safe mode. You should now be able to click jailbreak when you plug in your device. it worked for me.
Thanks Wass for the tip!
5. White Screen or Error establishing a database connection error:
A number of readers have reported that they’re getting “Error establishing a database connection” error message while loading the site or are seeing a white screen when they launch the Absinthe app. If you’re still getting that error message or white screen when you use Absinthe tool v0.1.2-2, then the following trick will work:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Then tap on General, followed by Network and then tap on VPN, here you will get “A configuration error occurred” message.
- However after a minute, your iPhone 4S will reboot and you should be able to see Cydia icon your iPhone 4S home screen.
6. Disable Passcode Temporarily:
If it still doesn’t help, just reboot your iPhone 4S and start the process all over again. It may also be a good idea to disable your passcode when you try again as the tool gives a warning request that jailbreaking is most likely to fail if passcode is enabled (don’t forget to enable it though after your iPhone 4S / iPad 2 is successfully jailbroken).
7. If you think it is taking a long time (or get the feeling that Absinthe isn’t doing anything) then be patient, it took more than 45 minutes to jailbreak our iPad 2 using Absinthe. Check out the timings mentioned in our step-by-step guides for the timings for some of the steps.
8. If troubleshooting tips 1 and 7 don’t help then iPhone Dev team has advised restoring your iPhone 4S if you don’t care about unlocking (not the ideal solution though).
9. If you’ve subscribed to iTunes Match, but having problems playing music after jailbreaking using Absinthe then try to disable iTunes Match (via Settings -> Music -> iTunes Match -> On/Off toggle) and enable iTunes Match again. It seems to have resolved the issue for some users.
10. If you think App Store is not working after jailbreaking using Absinthe, please be patient, it has taken a long time for some users, but it eventually loads fine and should work without any issue. You can also try to reboot tour iPhone to see if it helps.
We hope these troubleshooting steps helped. Let us know how it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!