iPhone comes with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology but it only support the Bluetooth Headset Profile, A2DP and Bluetooth Hands-free Profile 1.5. But iPhone users still can’t transfer files between iOS devices or any other Bluetooth device, which is the most commonly requested application in the Bluetooth stack.
Eric Day – iOS hacker and developer has just released a new jailbreak tweak called AirBlue Sharing that allows jailbroken iOS device users to share files using Bluetooth.
AirBlue Sharing includes the following features:
- Zero configuration
- Native Bluetooth pairing, do not have to re-pair your device when using iOS native Bluetooth
- High speed Bluetooth transimision, up to 1.7 MB/s
- Automatically shutdown Bluetooth when transmission done to save power
- Transfer files over WiFi connection, it’s possible to transfer a video file in a few seconds (iOS to iOS)
- Automatically create a WiFi hotspot for transmission when no WiFi available (iOS to iOS, large file)
- Send from Notes/Photos/Videos /Music/Contacts/Voice Memos …
- Send any file from applications support “Open in …”
- Import received files to Contacts/Photos
- Import received files to applications support “Open in …”
- Send/receive multiple files simultaneously
- Sent/received notification sounds
- Compatible with Mac OS X, Windows XP/Vista/7, Linux, Nokia, Android, Blackberry and other Bluetooth enabled phones
You can check out the video of the jailbreak app in action below:
AirBlue Sharing is available on Cydia for $4.99.
Though we had trouble sending files from an iPhone 4S to an iMac, we could send and receive files from an iPhone 4S to a Nokia phone and vice versa without any issue.
Let us know it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!
Related Topics: Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks