If you haven’t upgraded your iPhone to iOS 5.1 but like the new and easier way to access the Camera app using the slider button that was introduced by in iOS 5.1 then it is now possible to add that functionality to your jailbroken iPhone on iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.
Developer cjori has released a new jailbreak tweak on Cydia called Camera Grabber for iOS 5 that brings the iOS 5.1 camera shortcut to iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1.
This tweak makes the camera shortcut on the lock screen act like the iOS 5.1 camera shortcut. This means a few things:
- The camera button is now a grabber – push the lock screen up and reveal the camera app.
- If you don’t have a passcode set you will have full access to your photo library.
- The camera shortcut always shows up (no need to double tap the home button).
- Tapping the camera icon will make the lock screen bounce.
- The camera icon looks more like a “grabber” and not a button (thanks to @XusBadia!)
- The slide to unlock knob is a little shortened allowing the full “slide to unlock” text to be shown (this doesn’t slow down opening the camera interface)