Back in January, Ryan Petrich had revealed plans to release a jailbreak tweak that would does exactly that.
As promised, he has just released a new jailbreak tweak called Curiosa (not CydiaBulletin) that gives you a notification whenever there is an update available for the jailbreak tweaks and apps installed on your iOS device.
The jailbreak tweak is integrated with iOS Notification Center. So when you tap on the update notification in iOS Notification Center, you’re taken directly to the page of the jailbreak tweak, from where you can install the update.
Curiosa checks for updates for packages that are installed on your jailbroken iOS device and those that match the specific keywords that can be entered in the Settings app (Settings -> Curiosa).
You can also configure if you want Curiosa to check for updates on an hourly, every 2 hours, every 6 hours, daily basis. You can also check for updates manually via Curiosa and assign an Activator control to invoke it or check for updates after a respring.
Curiosa is available for free on Cydia and can be found on Ryan’s beta repository (http://rpetri.ch/repo/).
You can follow these simple steps to install Curiosa:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on Sources
- Then tap on the Edit button
- Then the Add button and enter the following URL – http://rpetri.ch/repo/
- Then tap on the Add Source button
- After Ryan’s repository is successfully added, tap on search tab and look for Curiosa
- Select Curiosa from the search options
- Tap on the Install button
- Then tap on the Confirm button
- After Curiosa is successfully installed, tap on the Restart Springboard button.
That’s it, you will now start getting notifications for all the jailbreak apps and tweaks installed on your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.Like this post? Share it!