Intelliborn – developers of popular jailbreak tweaks have recently released a new version of MyWi – the jailbreak tweak that turns your jailbroken iPhone into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
MyWi 5.5 has been completely rewritten for iOS 5.x to increase tethering speeds. It includes the following new features and improvements according to the change log:
- All new from scratch (for iOS 5.x users only).
- Faster initialization/broadcast of hotspot.
- Faster connection speeds.
- WEP and no encryption re-supported for iOS 5.X.
- Greater reliability.
- Many bug fixes.
- New Wi-Fi sharing - Share your WiFi signal via your own WiFi Hotspot or via USB. This allows your iPhone to be connected to a WiFi hotspot, and share that connection to other devices via it’s own WiFi Hotspot.
- MyWi On Demand now uses Bluetooth tethering to activate Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Performance improvements
MyWi 5.5 is available as a free update for MyWi 4.0 and MyWi 5.0 users. If you haven’t downloaded it costs $19.99 after a 3-day trial period.
However, it is important to note that jailbreak apps such as MyWi can get you into trouble with carriers, so please use it with caution.