Intelliborn – developers of popular jailbreak tweaks have recently released a new version of MyWi – the jailbreak tweak that turns your jailbroken iPhone into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
MyWi 5.5 has been completely rewritten for iOS 5.x to increase tethering speeds. It includes the following new features and improvements according to the change log:
- All new from scratch (for iOS 5.x users only).
- Faster initialization/broadcast of hotspot.
- Faster connection speeds.
- WEP and no encryption re-supported for iOS 5.X.
- Greater reliability.
- Many bug fixes.
- New Wi-Fi sharing – Share your WiFi signal via your own WiFi Hotspot or via USB. This allows your iPhone to be connected to a WiFi hotspot, and share that connection to other devices via it’s own WiFi Hotspot.
- MyWi On Demand now uses Bluetooth tethering to activate Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Performance improvements
MyWi 5.5 is available as a free update for MyWi 4.0 and MyWi 5.0 users. If you haven’t downloaded it costs $19.99 after a 3-day trial period.
However, it is important to note that jailbreak apps such as MyWi can get you into trouble with carriers, so please use it with caution.Like this post? Share it!