If you’ve managed to successfully unlock your iPhone using SAM, then please note that MuscleNerd – member of the iPhone Dev team has also advised users to take a backup of the activation ticket so that you can use it in the future if required.
If you haven’t unlocked your iPhone, then check out our step-by-step guide to unlock your iPhone using SAM.
After you’ve successfully unlocked your iPhone, you can follow these simple instructions to take a backup of the activation ticket:
Step 1: Launch Cydia
Step 2: Install iFile (skip this step if you have already installed iFile)
- Tap on the Search tab
- Search for iFile
- Tap on iFile from the search results
- Buy iFile as it is a paid jailbreak app
- After you have purchased iFile, tap on the Install button in the top right corner.
- Then tap on the Confirm button
- Tap on the Return to Cydia button when prompted
Note: If you don’t want to use iFile, you can always SSH into the folder on your iPhone and copy the contents to your computer.
Step 3: After iFile is successfully installed, press on the Home button and launch iFile from the iPhone’s Home screen.
Step 4: You need to navigate to the Library folder:
- Tap on /var (top left corner)
- Then tap on the root folder from the list
- Then tap on the Library folder
Step 5: Here the objective is to create the zip file of the Lockdown folder as it contains the activation ticket:
- Tap on the Edit button in the top right corner
- Then tap on the Lockdown folder to select it
- Then tap on the zip icon (second icon from the left at the bottom)
- Here you will be prompted to select the name of the archive
- You can either leave it as Lockdown or name the archive and tap on the Create button
- iFile will create the archive file in the Library Folder
Step 6: Email the archive file that you have just created to yourself.
- Tap on the archive file to select it.
- Then tap on the Mail icon (third icon from the right at the bottom)
- Enter your email address, the appropriate subject and then tap the Send button.
Note: You should follow these instructions for each SIM that you use with your iPhone using the SAM unlocking trick.
As simple as that. So if you need to use the activation ticket in the future, you know where to find it.
At the moment, we’re not sure how the activation ticket can be used, but MuscleNerd has tweeted that it will be useful in the future:
Be sure to save the unlock activation ticket from this trick..it will likely be useful for a long time! Even if Apple fixes the method.
iPhone Dev team has released a new version of Redsn0w that also allows you to take a backup of the activation key of the unlocked iPhone. You can check out our step-by-step guide to take a backup of the activation key using Redsn0w here.Like this post? Share it!