Tapbots has just released a major update for Tweetbot – the must-have Twitter client for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – few weeks after releasing a major update that included a killer feature that syncs timeline position across all instances of Tweetbot via iCloud.
Tweetbot 2.3 includes the following new features and improvements:
- New tweet detail view with inline conversations and replies (swipe right to left on a tweet for quick access)
- New gesture in tweet detail to get back to the timeline quickly (swipe left to right)
- New conversation view now contains both the conversation and replies (swipe left to right on a tweet for quick access)
- Ability to email conversations or post a link to them via Storify when in the conversation view
- Droplr Support
- Video thumbnails now have a “play” icon to differentiate it from image thumbnails
- Timeline sync bookmark icon is now an optional setting
- Reorganized tweet drawer (last two buttons have gone through some options reorganization)
- Added thumbnail support for Vimeo links
- Higher res image uploads when on wifi
- Hold down compose tweet button to quickly open last draft
- Support for $stock links
- Improved email format when sending tweets, DMs, or conversations as email
- Arabic Localization
It is great to see Tapbot continue to improve their iOS apps, which is already the Gold Standard when it comes to Twitter apps. Now, all they need to do is release a Mac app so that we can use the timeline sync feature more effectively.
You can download the latest version via the Updates tab in the App Store app or if you haven’t got them yet, then you can download them via these App Store links (Tweetbot for iPhone - $2.99 and Tweetbot for iPad - $2.99).