It looks like Facebooks apps team is on high after last week’s IPO.
After releasing the Facebook Pages Manager app few days back, Facebook has just released a standalone photo-sharing app app for iPhone in the App Store called Facebook Camera.
Facebook Camera includes the following features:
- Post multiple photos from your camera roll at a time
- Crop and apply filters to give your photos a new look
- Scroll down a single feed of all your friends’ photos
- Tag your friends, add photo captions and say where you are
- See photos from the different apps your friends use
Facebook Camera brings some useful features, such as the ability to post multiple posts from the camera roll and Instagram-like filters, which are not available in the Facebook app.
When Facebook announced the acquisition
, Mark Zuckerberg had said that he plans to keep Instagram independent, which probably is the reason why the Photos team still when ahead with the development of the app. Update:
Dan Former of SplatF explains why Facebook needs two Photo apps here
You can download Facebook Camera for free using this App Store link
. It looks like the app is still being propagated to all the servers and App Stores, so if you can’t find it, look for ‘FacebookCamera’ (as one word) in the App Store app.