The demo video of Absinthe 2.0 – untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch running on iOS 5.1.1 that was briefly available, provided some interesting details of what to expect.
MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev team has just provided some more information about the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
He has published the following notes on his website:
All info below is tentative and subject to last minute refinements
- @pod2g’s 5.1.1 jailbreak+untether is working out great. All devices are covered except for AppleTV3,1, which currently has no path for jailbreaking.
- the initial 5.1.1 plan used a kernel exploit from @westbaer which unfortunately precluded use in iPod3,1 and iPhone2,1
- @planetbeing stepped up and provided a kernel exploit that covers both of those. Those two JBers are the bomb!
- The 5.1.1 A5 JB is very similar to the A5 5.0.1 JB. @pimskeks has done a tremendous job supporting both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 in absinthe
- Similar to 5.0.1, there will also be a 5.1.1 CLI “cinject” binary and redsn0w version of the 5.1.1 JB+untether. Absinthe, cinject, and redsn0w will all provide the same JB in different fashions.
- timing is indeterminate. Plans are for this week, but a number of factors can influence that.