Swipe Safari is a new jailbreak tweak that adds new gestures to mobile Safari to enhance the user experience while browsing.
The jailbreak tweak allows users to swipe to previous or next page, pull to refresh the page and even switch tabs using gestures.
Here’s a complete list of features:
- Swipe (one finger) left or right to navigate to previous or next page
- Swipe (one finger) left or right and hold to navigate to the next or previous tab
- Pull down to refresh the page
- Pull from bottom to access Bookmarks
- Double tap with two fingers to toggle to fullscreen mode
- Double tap to go to the top of the screen
- Pinch to close tab
- Double tap and hold to open new tab
- Ability to assign actions for following gestures:
- Swipe (two fingers)
- Swipe (three fingers)
- Double tap, triple Tap (One finger)
- Double tap (Two fingers)
- Pinch (Two fingers)
- Tap/double tap + long press (One finger)
- Adds recently closed tabs feature on iPhone/iPod touch
- Removes limit on the number of tabs (which is 8 by default)
You can also configure these options via the Settings app. Swipe Safari supports iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 5.x.x.
You can check out the video of the jailbreak tweak in action below:
We were quite impressed with the jailbreak tweak.
Swipe Safari is available on Cydia for $1.5. You can also check out FullScreen for Safari – a jailbreak tweak that offers similar features and is also available on Cydia for $1.49.Like this post? Share it!