Few days back, Grant Paul aka chpwn rolled out a major update for Zephyr (v1.3) – one of our favorite jailbreak tweaks.
Zephyr brings some cool multitasking gestures to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to access multitasking tray or to switch between apps.
The jailbreak tweak brings the following features to your jailbroken iOS device:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to close apps (nice workaround for a broken Home button)
- Switch apps simply by swiping left or right from the edge
- Smoothly swipe up to see your multitasking switcher
Zephyr 1.3 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Landscape support (for iPhone):
- Landscape switcher
- Switch apps in landscape
- Notification Center tweaks:
- Swipe down the app to open
- Peek at notifications and widgets
- Performance improvements
- Minor bug fixes
The ability to peek at the notifications and widgets is pretty cool. It is also nice to be able to finally use the multitasking gestures in landscape mode.
Swiping between apps in landscape mode does not offer the best user experience as apps like App Store app don’t offer landscape support, so you end up switching between apps in landscape mode and some apps in portrait mode.
You can check out the demo video of the new features below:
As always, let us know you think of Zephyr’s new features in the comments below.