Hot on the heels of releasing iOS 6 beta to developers of iOS Developer Program, Apple has also released iTunes 10.6.3.
The new version of iTunes includes support for iOS 6 beta and OS X Mountain Lion.
iOS developers will need to upgrade to iTunes 10.6.3 to be able to install iOS 6 beta on their devices.
Interestingly, iTunes 10.6.3 is available to everyone and not just restricted to developers. Apple has typically released a beta version of iTunes to support beta versions of iOS software update earlier.
Here’s what’s new in iTunes 10.6.3 in addition to support for iOS 6 beta and OS X Mountain Lion:
- Addresses a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad (1st generation) that contains an iBooks textbook
- Fixes a problem where photos synced to a device may appear in an unexpected order
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly delete playlists created on a device
- Fixes issues where iTunes may unexpectedly delete apps on a device
- Improves overall performance and reliability
The latest update doesn’t seem to be available via Software Update currently, but you can download it via iTunes download page.