Hot on the heels of releasing iOS 6 beta to developers of iOS Developer Program, Apple has also released iTunes 10.6.3.
The new version of iTunes includes support for iOS 6 beta and OS X Mountain Lion.
iOS developers will need to upgrade to iTunes 10.6.3 to be able to install iOS 6 beta on their devices.
Interestingly, iTunes 10.6.3 is available to everyone and not just restricted to developers. Apple has typically released a beta version of iTunes to support beta versions of iOS software update earlier.
Here’s what’s new in iTunes 10.6.3 in addition to support for iOS 6 beta and OS X Mountain Lion:
- Addresses a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad (1st generation) that contains an iBooks textbook
- Fixes a problem where photos synced to a device may appear in an unexpected order
- Resolves an issue where iTunes may unexpectedly delete playlists created on a device
- Fixes issues where iTunes may unexpectedly delete apps on a device
- Improves overall performance and reliability
The latest update doesn’t seem to be available via Software Update currently, but you can download it via iTunes download page.
Like this post? Share it!