Have you fallen in love with Google’s Chrome browser for iOS that was released yesterday? Want to make it the default browser on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch?
No problem! Ryan Petrich – jailbreak app developer has just released a tweak that allows you to do just that.
Apple doesn’t allow you to change the default browser, so you can’t tell iOS to open links in Chrome.
BrowserChooser – as the name suggests, the new jailbreak tweak allows you to change the default browser to popular third-party iOS browsers such as Google Chrome, Opera Mini, iCab Mobile, Dolphin Browser and Atomic Browser.
All you have to do is follow these simple steps to change your the default browser on your iPhone or iPad:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Manage tab
- Tap on Sources
- Then tap on the Edit button on the top right corner, followed by the Add button
- Here enter the URL of Ryan’srepository: http://rpetri.ch/repo
- Tap on the Add Source button
- Tap on the Return to Cydia button when prompted
- Now tap on the Search tab and search for BrowserChooser
- Select BrowserChooser from the search results
- Then tap on the Install button, followed by the Confirm button
- After the jailbreak tweak is installed, it will prompt you to Restart SpringBoard
- Tap on the Restart SpringBoard button and wait for your iPhone to respring
- Then launch the Settings app
- And navigate to BrowserChooser settings
- Select Chrome as your default browser by tapping it
That’s it, now when you open links in the Mail app, Twitter apps etc., they will open in Chrome rather than Safari.
Let us know how it goes.