Apple seems to have revamped quite a few apps in iOS 6 that come bundled with iOS devices. We’ve already covered the revamped App Store and iTunes Store app, Phone app and the new features and improvements in mobile Safari.
In this article, we take a look at the changes made to the Music app.
Here are the list of changes:
- Just like the iTunes Store and App Store apps, the Music app in iOS 6 also gets the slick new look with the new silver grey theme instead of the traditional blue bar at the top and the black bar at the bottom.
- The “Now Playing” section gets a black theme.
- Apple has also tweaked the look and feel of the music buttons.
- Apple has replaced the the Shuffle icon and text with just the icon in iOS 6, which turns orange when you enable it instead of blue.
- New Late Night Mode equalizer
- Here’s a change that will blow you away. It was first spotted by a reddit user – streborhcaz who writes:
Launch the iPod app, slightly tilt your phone from side to side (don’t rotate) and look at the new metallic sliders. Apple is now using the gyroscope/accelerometer to change the reflection on the slider buttons.
Check the slight change in the reflection on the virtual knob of the slider
Check it out in the video embedded below:
We must admit that it is quite a small change, which most users may not even notice, but we’ve fallen in love Apple’s attention to detail all over again. Kudos to the reddit user for discovering it.
Here’re some screenshots of the revamped Music app in iOS 6:
Let us know what you think of the new changes in the Music App especially the effect on the virtual knob on the slider.
Categories: iOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0.2