Phil Schiller took the stage at today’s WWDC keynote to announce a refresh to the MacBook line of products and a next generation MacBook Pro with a Retina display.
As per tradition, the Apple Store went down earlier today ahead of the keynote, and will be back up with listings of new Mac Pros, MacBook Airs and MacBook Pros.
Retina MacBook Pro
Yes, as rumored, Apple brought the Retina display to the MacBook. They are positioning this as a notebook that re-envisions the current consumer notebook category by abandoning legacy technologies.
- It’s thin and light. Measures 0.71 inches thick and weighs 4.46 pounds.
- 15.4 inch Retina display with a pixel density of 220ppi and a resolution of 2880 x 1800 pixels. More than 5 million pixels! World’s highest resolution notebook display.
- Deeper blacks, higher viewing angle and reduced glare.
- Upto 2.7GHz quad core i5 or i7 processor.
- Next generation Kepler graphics. (GeForce GT 650M)
- Built in flash storage going up to 768GB.
- 7 hours of battery life with upto 30 days of standby.
- SD slot, Magsafe connector slot, USB 3.0, HDMI and Thunderbolt ports.
- HD FaceTime cameras, dual microphones and stero speakers.
- Starts shipping today! Will set you back at $2199.
- Intel Ivy Bridge chips. Option to bump up the processor to 2.6GHz quad core i7.
- Upto 8GB of 1600MHz memory.
- Kepler GeForce GT 650M with upto 1GB of memory improving graphics performance by 60 percent.
- Seven hours of battery life.
- 13 inch models start at $1199 and go upto $1499 for the dual-core i7
- 15 inchers start at $1799 and go upto $2199.
- Shipping from today!
- Faster, Intel Ivy Bridge Processors. Upto 2GHz dual-core i7.
- 60 percent improved graphics.
- Upto 8GB of 1600MHz RAM.
- An option to bump up flash storage to half a terabyte (512GB).
- Two USB 3.0 ports.
- 720p FaceTime camera.
- 1366 x 768 display (no Retina screens).
- Starts at $999 and goes up to $1099 depending on optional hardware upgrades.
- Starts shipping today!