Yesterday, Apple has posted revenue of $35 billion and net quarterly profit of $8.8 billion, or $9.32 per diluted share in Q3 2012 (second calendar quarter), compared to revenue of $28.6 billion and net profit of $7.3 billion, or $7.79 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter.
As expected, Apple revealed a lot of stats and numbers during the earnings call. We take a close look at those numbers.
- 372 Apple stores in 12 countries with 1/3rd outside US. Apple opened 9 new stores in the quarter.
- Store traffic was up by approximately 10%, it reached 80.3 million compared to 73.7 million year-over-year
- 17,000 visitors per store per week
- Average revenue of $11.1 million per store compared to $10.8 million last year
- 791,000 Macs were sold in retail sores
- 4 million Macs were sold during the quarter, up by 2% over the year-ago-quarter
- 3-4 Weeks of Mac Channel Inventory
- Apple sold 26 million iPhones, up 28 percent over the year-ago quarter
- 250 carriers now sell the iPhone in over 100 countries
- 300k iPhones in channel inventory
- iPhone generated $16.2 billion in revenues for Apple (accounts for 46% of Apple’s revenues), an increase of 22 percent compared to same quarter last year
- Apple sold 17 million iPads, up 84 percent over the year-ago quarter.
- 1.2 million iPads in channel inventory
- Sold in over 97 countries
- Apple sold 6.8 million iPods, representing a 10 percent decline over the year-ago quarter
- iPod touch accounts for more than half of the iPod sales
- 4-6 weeks of iPod channel inventory
- 410 million cumulative iOS device sales, of which more than 46 million iOS devices were sold in the last quarter
- 150 million iCloud customers, which means Apple added 25 million new iCloud users in the last quarter.
- App Store is now available in over 155 countries. It has over 650,000 apps and 225,000 iPad apps
- $1.8 billion in revenues from iTunes Store
- iTunes Store was launched in 12 new countries in the last quarter
- Apple has paid out over $5.5 billion to developers so far
- Apple posted revenue of $35 billion, compared to revenue of $28.57 billion over the year-ago quarter
- Apple posted profits of $8.8 billion, compared to revenue of $7.71 billion over the year-ago quarter
- $9.32 per diluted share, compared to $7.79 per diluted share over the year-ago quarter
- Apple has $117.2 billion in cash at end of June quarter, up $71 billion. $81 billion in cash is offshore
Image credit: MacRumors
You can listen to the recording of Apple’s earning conference call here.