trakt.tv is a free service that automatically tracks the movies and TV shows you watch, and recommends related content.
FireCore has provided the following information on their blog:
With our trakt.tv integration on the Apple TV, watched movies and TV shows are automatically ‘scrobbled’ back to your trakt.tv profile. You will also have`the option to submit ratings for each video right from the Apple TV menu. Support for 2-way sync is also in the works, and will be available in a future version.
In addition to the access to trakt.tv, aTV Flash (black) includes the following changes and improvements:
- Added trakt.tv integration (scrobbling and ratings)
- Added localized movie poster art
- Added localized movie ratings
- Added AirControl (beta) – an open control API for Apple TV
- Added support for embedded DVB subtitles
- Added advanced read-ahead buffering for SMB and NFS shares
- Added Simplified Chinese translation
- Added ‘Update All’ option
- Added support for secure web logins
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Improved video rotation detection for MOV files
- Improved support for YUVJ420 & YUVJ422 formats (used by digital cameras)
- Improved top-level menu layouts
- Resolved crash when accessing ISO files on certain shares
- Resolved potential streaming issues when using an unstable network
- Resolved AFP related memory management issues
- Other minor improvements & fixes
If you’ve already installed aTV Flash (black) then you can install the new version through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu.
Unfortunately, there is nothing exciting to report on the jailbreak for Apple TV 3:
the jailbreak for the 3rd gen Apple TV has proven to be a bit elusive up to this point. Work is still ongoing, and we’ll be sure to announce any developments as they become available.