Hot on the heels of photos of complete iPhone 5 enclosure posted by Chinese repair shop iLab, which gave a very good idea of what it will look like, Japanese blog Macotakara has just posted a hands-on video of the iPhone 5 enclosure.
Here’s the summary of the changes that we’ve identified based photos and hands-on video of the complete iPhone 5 enclosure:
- A large portion of the back panel is made out of metal and the remaining part seems to be made of glass, which gives it a two-tone effect.
- iPhone 5 will get a metal antenna band like iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, but in case of the 6th generation iPhone, it seems to be moulded into the metal back panel.
- It is not very clear but looks like the antenna band will be the same color as metal portion of the back panel (iPhone 4s and iPhone 4 come with stainless steel antenna bands).
- It appears to be thinner than iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, which is most likely due to the use of in-cell display.
- As the rumors have indicated, it looks like iPhone 5 will come with a taller display but with same width as iPhone 4S and iPhone 4.
- It has the rumored smaller dock connector, which makes space for the relocated headphone jack at the bottom next to the speakers.
- It will come with redesigned speakers grills.
- The front facing camera has moved above the earpiece (it is currently to left of the earpiece in iPhone 4S and iPhone 4)
Check out the hands-on video of the iPhone 5 enclosure below:
The build quality of the leaked enclosure appears to be very good. It also seems to hit all the iPhone 5 notes we’ve heard so far.
As we reported earlier today, Apple is scheduled to unveil the highly anticipated iPhone 5 along with the cheaper and smaller iPad mini, next generation iPod Touch and iPod nano at a special event on September 12th and will be released on September 21st.