One of the features that we really liked in BlackBerry 10 that was unveiled back in May was the predictive keyboard.
The good news is that iOS developer Mario Hros aka kexik has released a jailbreak tweak called Octopus Keyboard that brings BlackBerry 10 inspired keyboard to the iPhone.
Just like the BlackBerry 10 keyboard, Octopus Keyboard displays the suggested words on top of the keys as you type on the keyboard, thus allowing you to auto complete the word simply by swiping up on the appropriate key.
The predictive feature will get better over time as it learns the frequently used words you type often.
You can check out the video below to get an idea of how it works:
Octopus is available on Cydia for $4.99.
Octopus will be available in the BigBoss repo shortly, but until then you can follow these steps to install it:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Manage tab
- Tap on Sources
- Then tap on the Edit button on the top right corner, followed by the Add button
- Here enter the URL of the repository: http://k3a.me/c/
- Tap on the Add Source button
- Tap on the Return to Cydia button when prompted
- Now tap on the Search tab and search for Octopus
- Select Octopus Keyboard from the search results
- Then tap on the Install button, followed by the Confirm button
- After the jailbreak tweak is installed, it will prompt you to Restart SpringBoard
- Tap on the Restart SpringBoard button and wait for your iPhone to respring
Until Octopus is available in Big Boss Repo, you will have to buy the license from here to activate the keyboard via Settings (Settings -> Octopus Keyboard -> Buy License).
Let us know what you think of Octopus in the comments below.Like this post? Share it!