Apple seeded developers of iOS Developer Program with iOS 6 beta 3 earlier today, which according to the release notes includes some bug fixes and improvements.
Here’s the list of changes in iOS 6 beta 3 that have been discovered so far.
- MacRumors reports that Apple has added a new section in the Settings app for the all-new Maps app, which allows users to change the volume of the navigation voice, ability to display distances either in miles or kilometers, set map labels to display either in the local language or always in English, and set map label sizes to either “normal” or “large”.
- 9to5Mac reports that “Safari now has glyphs for bookmarks, reading list, and history instead of worded labels.”
- 9to5Mac reports that Reading List now has a sync bar in Safari when changes are made
- VIP Lists and VIP Inbox is available even on iPhone 3GS with the iOS 6 beta 3 update. It is not clear Apple will remove it in the final version as iOS 6 preview page still says that the VIP Lists and VIP Inbox will be available on iPhone 4 or later. Thanks Mark for the tip!
- New icons in the Mail app for Junk, Trash, and Archive (via MacRumors Forums)
- iMessage on iPad Now Gives Option to Add Phone Number for Unified Messaging (via MacRumors Forums)
- App logo is now displayed next to each app under Privacy Settings
- Answer and Decline buttons are back in FaceTime when receiving a call
Maps seems to be lot more detailed in iOS 6 beta 3. You can see the evolution of the Maps app from iOS 6 beta 1 to beta 3. Satellite imagery also seems to be working for some users.
If you find anything new in iOS 6 beta 3 please let us know here and we’ll update the post.
Related Topics: iOS 6, 6.0.1, 6.0.2