Mountain Lion OS X released last month brought many popular iOS features and apps to the Mac including Messages, Notes, Reminders, Game Center, Notification Center, Share Sheets, Twitter integration and AirPlay Mirroring.
If you’re loving it and want the look and feel of Mountain Lion on your iPhone, check out iOS X Ultimatum – a new Dreamboard theme.
iOS X Ultimatum brings some of OS X UI elements to the jailbroken iPhone. It offers the following features:
- Dashboard with widgets that can be accessed by swiping right
- A Finder window that can be accessed from the dock to access installed apps
- Ability to personalize the desktop with any application
- Ability to customize folders on the Finder bar
- Customize the theme to your liking (by tapping on the trash icon in the dock)
Click on the image below to see a slideshow of all the screenshots of the OS X Mountain Lion theme:
The theme looks great, but looks like the initial version has some usability issues. Jeff Benjamin of iDownloadblog who gave it a spin writes:
The main issue I encountered while using this theme was failing to get my taps to register on screen. I found myself having to tap multiple times on the same item for it to actually pick up my input.
Seeing as that one of the iPhone’s hallmarks is its responsiveness, this isn’t a good thing. All other gripes besides that are just limitations to the DreamBoard theming platform itself, and not necessarily a fault with the theme.
As always, let us know what you think of iOS X Ultimatum theme in the comments.