Few days back, iOS X Ultimatum brought OS X Mountain Lion’s theme user interface to the iPhone. At that time, we thought it would be perfect for the iPad as the icons in the dock were too small for the iPhone, resulting in usability issues.
We’ve some good news, Fnet Designs has just done that, they have released a Dreamboard theme on Cydia called OS X Pad HD, which turns your iPad into a Mac tablet.
The Dreamboard theme offers the following features:
- Fully functional Finder bar with interactive and self aware menus options.
- Personalize your copy with your name and a username.
- The Finder Window is very customizable with an all apps folder and 6 editable folders that you can change the label names to match your apps in that folder.
- Additionally, i have created 5 “Quick Links” in Finder that you can change to anything available in your iPad complete with notification badges.
- The Dock is COMPLETELY customizable. Add any of the pre-made ‘Mac-style’ icons to the 10 available slots, OR ADD ANYTHING FROM YOUR iPAD! Theres also a Quick Launch folder to add any favorite apps to that you can’t fit on the dock.
- The dock also has some interchangable ‘Styles’ so you can change its color to match any of the almost 70 wallpapers (and more to come)
- The System Preferences Menu is also very true to Mac, offerring a central location to all your software settings and customizations.
- ALL UPDATES are also viewable and installed within the theme! Just go to ‘Software Update’ in the System Preferences Pane to view the latest updates available and change log.
You can check out OS X Pad HD theme in action below:
The impressive theme is available for $3.50, which in our opinion is worth every penny if you were looking for the OS X experience on the iPad. All you need to do is add http://fnetdesigns.com/cydia/repo repository to Cydia, install the Theme Outlet app and then purchase OS X Pad HD to turn your jailbroken iPad into a Mac tablet.
As always, let us know what you think of OS X HD Pad in the comments.
Like this post? Share it!