Last month, we had told you about BattSaver – a jailbreak tweak that promises to double your iPhone’s battery life by cleverly managing the components that affect iPhone’s battery life such as 3G radio etc.
xvolks – the developer of the jailbreak tweak and best known for his work on the Absinthe jailbreak tool has released an update for BattSaver with a number of new features and improvements.
BattSaver v1.2.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Added a list of applications that prevent the radios to be switched OFF.
- Added a list of applications that switch the radios OFF.
- Added a lock/dim switch in Settings to trigger the radios switch on lock/unlock instead of dim/undim.
- Added a debug switch in Settings for syslog debug.
- When the device uses tethered mode, the radio states will not be changed.
- When the device is plugged, it now switches automatically to the None Strategy and vice versa.
- When the device is low battery and switches to Ultimate mode an auto-dismiss popup alerts you.
- Added in Custom mode a timer for each event : sleep and wake up
- Added a new Strategy : iMessage friendly that does not turn off Edge/data (eats more battery)
xvolks has also fixed the following bugs:
- CDMA carriers do not support 3G OFF.
- Sometimes the radios were not enabled at Wakeup.
- Add missing titles in views At Sleep time and At Wake up
- Add an event to restore correctly the state of some controls in At Sleep time view
- Potential memory leak.
- Potential crash of the Springboard (use after free bug)
- In Custom mode some views did not restore properly (Edge was always OFF on some devices)
You can check out our original post here to find out which mode is suitable for you.
BattSaver is available on Cydia for $2.99.
We had to disable the tweak (v1.1.0) after testing it for sometime as it didn’t enable the radios after waking up. We hope that those issues are resolved in this version.
We’ll monitor how well it works over the next few days and report back. Please don’t forget to tell us how it goes if you install the jailbreak tweak.