After several months of rumors and speculations, iPhone 5 went on sale in Australia and will .
Folks at iFixit, the teardown experts are at it again, they’re currently in the process of doing what every geek would love to do i.e. to crack open Apple’s new iPhone to see what’s inside.
They’ve have managed to get their hands on the new iPhone in Australia.
Stay tuned if you’re interested in finding out what’s inside the 6th generation iPhone. Updates will be posted from top to bottom (bottom newest) so stay tuned (hit refresh to get the latest).
Here’s the first teardown photo that they’ve posted so far.
As you can see, iPhone 5′s battery is 3.8V/5.45Whr, where as iPhone 4′s battery is 3.7V/5.3Whr. The capacity is the almost similar 1434 vs 1432 mAh.
iFixit has just published the video of the iPhone 5 being disassembled. We’ve embedded it below:
- iPhone 5 may be the most repairable iPhone we’ve seen. It will be a lot easier to replaced a cracked screen, because the iPhone 5 is opened front-to-back.
- Apple has switched to a different battery chemistry, with a higher voltage and slightly larger capacity than the iPhone 4S.
- iPhone 5 Battery: 3.8V – 5.45Wh – 1440mAh. Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G. Standby time: Up to 225 hours.
- iPhone 4S Battery: 3.7V – 5.3Wh – 1432mAh. Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G. Standby time: Up to 200 hours.
- iFixit confirms that iPhone 5 has 1GB RAM.
- Unlike the iPhone 4S, which used a linear-oscillating vibrator, Apple has gone back to a rotational motor with a counterweight.
- iPhone 5′s Home button sports an integrated metal support bracket, which should greatly strengthen the frequently used button.
- If you are worried that the black coating will scuff off too easily, iFixit notes that the side is pretty tough, but the chamfered edge can be susceptible to scuffing — making for a shiny streak on the side. “Moral of this story: be careful, or get a case. Or be free like the wind and just don’t care.”