Has the App Store become painfully slow after upgrading to iOS 6?
Apple has revamped the App Store app in iOS 6, but that’s not the reason for the performance issue, it’s also not your 3G/4G LTE connection. Folks at OSXDaily have discovered the root cause of the performance issue is the Genius for Apps feature.
So if the App Store has become painfully slow, you may want to disable location services for the Genius for Apps feature until Apple addresses the issue in the next iOS software update. OSXDaily reports that the issue has been observed on iOS 6 devices that have grey or purple icon next to “Genius for Apps” setting. OSXDaily reports that the issue is also affecting users of newer iOS devices like iPhone 5 and iPad 3.
You can disable it by following these simple steps:
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap on Privacy
- Then tap on Location Services
- Scroll down and tap on System Services
- Now tap on the Genius for Apps toggle to disable it.
- You’re not done yet. Now press the Home button.
- Then double press on the Home button, which will display the multitasking bar with the recently used apps.
- Tap and hold App Store app until it jiggles, then tap on the red (-) button to close the App Store app.
That’s it, launch the App Store app, it should now be a lot faster now. Disabling location services for Genius for Apps should also help conserve battery life. Check out our tips of manage iPhone’s battery life for more details.
Are you facing this issue? Let us know if disabling location services for “Genius for Apps” fixed the issue.