The leading app for Internet Radio—at least in the U.S.—Pandora has pushed out a major update today that added a raft of new features, and a small bug for iPad users.
I was a huge fan of Pandora when they first launched, even paying for the first Pro subscription, but Pandora had to eventually block Canada from the app so I haven’t been able to enjoy it (I use Songza myself). However if you can use Pandora, then fire up the App Store and update it! Here’s what’s in store for you
Pandora Radio for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store: “A new Pandora for the iPhone and iPod Touch with the following added features:
- Share your latest discoveries with friends on Pandora, Facebook, and Twitter
- Discover new music by following others on the Music Feed
- Re-discover your favorite music on your profile page
- Explore the artists and music you love directly on your device
- Full lyrics for the songs we play • Artist biographies and discographies
- Detailed track features from the Music Genome Project
- Find even more music you’ll love by adding variety to your stations
- Enjoy constantly updated and expertly curated genre stations
There is a little big for iPad users:
***Special note to iPad users***: An issue with this update and iPads running iOS6 prevents using Pandora in landscape mode. We will have a fix shortly.
Funny how Landscape mode is messing up apps lately. The last update to HootSuite for iOS had the exact same problem for iPads.
Hat tip: Cult of Mac