If you’ve been a long time iPhone user then you’re probably sick of the sound of Marimba or the default tones available on your iPhone, when the alarm wakes you up in the morning. Do you want to be woken up by your favorite song?
In iOS 6, it is now possible to wake up to any song from your music collection on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Clock app from your iPhone’s Home screen
- Tap on either the + button to add a new alarm or tap on the Edit button and tap on an existing alarm.
- Tap on Sound
- Scroll to the top and tap on Pick a Song
- This will open your iTunes music library. Find your favorite song and tap on it to select it (it should play a preview of the song).
- Then tap on the Back button and tap on the Save button.
That’s it, you’re now all set to be woken up by your favorite song. Please note that the entire song will play on repeat until you don’t turn off the alarm or snooze it.
iOS will use the newly selected song as the default alarm tone when you add a new alarm. Since the Clock app now comes pre-installed on the iPad with iOS 6, this tip will also work on the iPad and also on iPod touch.