CallBar v2: Popular Jailbreak Tweak Gets iOS 6 Support, New Features And Improvements
CallBar – one of our favorite jailbreak tweaks received a major update few days back. The jailbreak tweak stops calls from interrupting you by showing banner notifications when you get an incoming call instead of launching the Phone app.
CallBar v2 comes with support for iOS 6 or later, number of new features such as integration with the iOS 6 call management features, brings iOS 6 “Reply with Message” and “Remind Me Later” options to iOS 5 users, quick and easy access to the dial pad from anywhere in iOS and lots more.
Here’s the list of new features and improvements in CallBar v2:
- iOS 6 support
- Integrated iOS 6’s “Reply with Message” and “Remind Me Later” hangup options. Tap the phone or FaceTime icon on the incoming call banner to view options menu
- iOS 6 “Reply with Message” and “Remind Me Later” options available for iOS 5 users too.Ability to define reply messages for when hanging up a call in Settings.
- Call-back options scrollview added to lock screen.
- Dismiss view on lock screen changed to table cell
- Added option to use CallBar for all outgoing calls, including phone numbers on pages, dial commands from Siri and Bluetooth headsets.
- Improved visual representation of remote calling party
- Added tap to answer. Swiping right on incoming call banner still answers.
- Added color options for extras views and the keypad in Settings
- Improved minimized view
- Improved show/hide animations
- No longer rings after the call has been dismissed once
- Adjusted the label’s width to fit the screen and display more text if needed.
- Improved tap handling on banner with excellent precision
- Removed buttons for incoming call banners
- Drastically improved all UI, buttons, backgrounds, labels, etc.
- Removed Skype and Viber handling
- Added DTMF commands handling to Dialer (e.g. *#06#)
- Dialer can initiate Facetime calls to emails from Recents or Favorites
- Dialer can handle calls initiated by Bluetooth headset
- Added localization for 19 languages
CallBar v2 also includes the following fixes:
- Fixed blocking taps below banner when minimized or in dismiss mode
- Fixed speaker button not toggling speaker correctly.
- Fixed mute button not working correctly.
- Fixed Bluetooth button not working correctly.
- Fixed DTMF tones randomly not being sent to the remote party
- Corrected grouping in Settings for better user experience.
- Fixed lock screen not undimming in some cases
- Fixed proximity detector not dimming the screen when in call in some cases.
- Fixed keyboard not showing up in Contacts search field when in lock screen
- Fixed keyboard not showing + sign when holding down the zero key
- Fixed sleep button behavior for outgoing, incoming, and active calls
- Numerous bug fixes
Click on the image above to check out the slideshow of all the screenshots
You can check out the video below to see the video walkthrough of CallBar v2:
CallBar v2 is available on Cydia for $3.99 and available as a free update for users who had purchased the previous version. Though $3.99 may seem expensive, we feel the jailbreak tweak is worth it as developers Elias Limneos & Joshua Tucker have added some really cool features in v2 and more importantly have shown the commitment of supporting its existing users by offering the new version for free, which is not a common practise on Cydia or the App Store. The other thing we really like about the jailbreak tweak is the comprehensive guide that is available for the jailbreak tweak, which explains how to use all the features.
So check it out and drop us a line in the comments below to tell us what you think of CallBar v2 in the comments.