Last week, Google released an update for its Search app to add support for Siri-like feature called Google Now aka Google Voice Search, which performed much better than Siri in yesterday’s comparison video.
If you’ve jailbroken your iOS device, then it is now possible to replace Siri with Google’s Voice Search thanks to a new jailbreak tweak called NowNow.
After installing the jailbreak tweak, it allows you to assign the activator action for “Short Hold” to launch the Google Search app instead of Siri.
To replace Siri with Google Voice Search, you can follow these simple steps:
- Launch Cydia
- Tap on the Search tab on search for NowNow
- Tap on NowNow from the search results
- Tap on the Install button
- Then tap on the Confirm button
- After it is successfully installed, it will prompt you to Restart SpringBoard, tap on the button.
- After the SpringBoard restart, launch the Settings app
- Scroll down and tap on NowNow
- Then tap on Activation Methods
- Tap on Short Hold under the Home Button to select it.
Like this post? Share it!